Friday, March 4, 2016

Disney Enchanted 10K

Saturday morning I was up very early (3 AM) for the Enchanted 10K.  I got ready and was in line for the bus by 4 am.  I ran the 10K in a Tinkerbell inspired outfit.
By the time I got on a bus and made it to Epcot, it was almost 5 am and runners were able to go to the corrals.  I made a quick bathroom stop and headed to my corral - Corral D.  For those that don't know, you can submit a proof of time to run Disney and they will place you in a start corral based on your anticipated finish time.  Unlike the Half Marathon, fireworks were only set off for the first 2 start corrals (every corral gets them for the Half).
Corral D was right in the middle of the pack for the 10K, although I spent a lot of the first mile weaving in & out of other runners from my corral.  Shortly after passing the marker for Mile 1, I saw Tinkerbell and friends, so I had to stop.  I wound up waiting 10 - 15 minutes in line, but it was worth the wait to get my picture made with that many fairies...and Terrance!!!
The rest of the 10K was pretty uneventful for me.  I felt good, so I ran pretty good (probably harder than I should have knowing I was running a Half the next day) and the course was interesting, weaving in and out of Epcot and around the Boardwalk area.  I finished the race, grabbed my medal and a bag of ice for my knee and hopped on a bus back to our hotel so that I could shower & made our breakfast reservations.
More about our Saturday in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment