Tuesday afternoon, we had appointments for all 4 of us at Pirate's League in the Magic Kingdom. For those of you who don't know what Pirate's League is, it is where you can become a pirate and join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew with a pirate name, makeover and other pirate-fun! We arrived a few minutes before our appointment time, checked in and MacKenzie picked out everyone's makeover look (they have several options for males and 2 choices for females). When it was our turn, we were taken inside to get pirate names (I didn't get one because MacKenzie decided I should be a Mermaid...and then proceeded to call me "Mermaid Mommy").
Then we were taken into the secret room for our make-overs. MacKenzie was called first. She selected the Empress package which consisted on nail polish and makeup. She looked like a Pirate Princess when they were done.
I was next and as I mentioned, MacKenzie chose the Mermaid package for me. I also got nail polish and mermaid makeup.
Grumps and MiMi were called shortly after me. Since I was having my makeover, I didn't get as many pictures of them. MacKenzie choose Captain Hook for Grumps and the Empress package for MiMi.
After everyone was finished with their makeovers, we were taken to a "secret" room for photos.
All of the girls got nail polish and make-up goodies to take home. After we finished, we rode Pirates of the Caribbean and headed back to the room to get ready for more pirate fun. That night, we were going on the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage. But first, we had to stop at the Polynesian for Pineapple Dole Whip.
Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage begins at the Contemporary with a party. The party area was set up outside the ballrooms, in a hallway. There were all kinds of snacks (popcorn, pretzels, popcorn, cake, cotton candy and Mickey ice cream bars to name a few). During the party, Mr. Smee and Captain Hook show up for pictures! MacKenzie only wanted to see Mr. Smee...she didn't want anything to do with Captain Hook.
After about an hour, the party guests are divided up into groups and taken to the dock at the Contemporary to board boats and sail into the Seven Seas Lagoon to watch Wishes! The Pirate captains on the boat are full of entertainment and corny jokes.
Upon our return to the Contemporary, we were greeted by Peter Pan and given the opportunity to have our picture made with him.
After that, we headed back to the room to finish packing and getting ready to leave the next day.











No comments:
Post a Comment