Thursday, March 3, 2016

Disney, Day 2

Friday morning, we were up and heading to breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom.  Grumps wasn't feeling well Friday morning, so he decided to stay in the room & rest instead of joining us.
Breakfast at Tusker House is a buffet with  lots of different options and Mickey, Donald, Goofy & Daisy are all there in their safari gear!
After breakfast, we hopped on a safari of our own and saw lots of animals, including MacKenzie's favorite - the zebras!
MacKenzie said these hippos needed to put on some sunscreen because their bellys were getting red...
Next, MiMi & I took turns on Expedition Everest.  While I rode, MiMi took MacKenzie to get her face painted.
After that, I headed back to the ESPN complex to visit the KT Tape booth at the Race Expo to have my knee taped and MiMi & MacKenzie went back to Bay Lake Towers to rest before dinner.  When I got back to the room, MiMi & I decided to make a quick trip over to the Polynesian to see if we could get in Trader Sam's Grotto - a newer, really fun bar there.  It is really small (it only holds 51 people) but it is a lot of fun.  We were lucky enough to get in and we shared a drink.  The whole bar is really neat -  different drinks cause different reactions in the bar with lighting and sound effects.  
Dinner was at a new restaurant, The BoatHouse, at Disney Springs.  Disney is making a lot of changes to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) and adding lots of new restaurants.  The BoatHouse was pretty good.  MacKenzie was excited to have Christie and Joey join us for dinner.
After dinner, it was back to the room to get ready for bed.  I knew my alarm would be going off around 3 am for the Enchanted 10K on Saturday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment