Monday, October 1, 2012

MacKenzie's Room

I don't have much to post today.  We enjoyed our weekend & visits with Laura and Christie.  It was great having them both here.  This week, we are looking forward to some visits with other friends that haven't met MacKenzie yet. 
Since not much is going on, I thought I would do a post on MacKenzie's room.  I had so much fun picking everything out for her room.  My Dad & Parker did a great job with the painting & putting the bead board up on the walls.  Mom (MiMi) found all kinds of great stuff to go in her room. 

Looking in from the hallway
Crib and Princess Wall

Princess Wall - my friend at work, Kelly, created the Princess silhouettes for me
 
Her crib, name sign and mobile.  Aunt Sissy made the name sign for her. 
The bedding came from Polka Tot Designs and was a custom design that I picked out.

Chandelier that MiMi got - It has pink crystals on it.

Pink & Orange dog lamp that MiMi got for her room.
 
 

And no blog post would be complete without a couple of pictures of MacKenzie...I took these one on my phone while she was napping today, so it isn't the best quality.  She is now sleeping / napping in her room and not in the pack n play in our room...she seems to prefer her crib and sleeps much better now.  She sleeps for 4 to 5 hours when we put her to bed at night, then is up for about an hour to get changed and eat, then goes back to sleep for 3 to 5 hours. 

 
 
I also have to mention how great all of the pets have been doing with her.  Smokey & Summit love her and get upset if she fusses or cries.  Peyton (the cat) has finally come around...he likes to be in the nursery with us when I am rocking her and often gets in the rocker with us, especially in the middle of the night. 

Summit keeping a close watch during play time
(I have to say that I did NOT let her play on the floor unsupervised - Parker was right at her feet)
Smokey & Peyton say it is tiring having a little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment