MacKenzie was due on August 30, 2012. On Tuesday, August 28th, I went in for my routine, weekly doctor's appointment. I had been experiencing a LOT of swelling in my feet / ankles for most of the pregnancy and my blood pressure had been elevated the last trimester. At this appointment, I was so swollen that Parker said I didn't have knees or ankles and my blood pressure was 150/100. Dr. Fiore had told me that if my blood pressure numbers got to 150 for the top number or 100 for the bottom number, we would most likely induce. So, when he came in, he said that we would be inducing the next day, August 29th. I was a little surprised - I thought I would have another day or so to prepare since he typically does inductions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. After checking on a few things, he came back and told us to be at the hospital at 4:00 am Wednesday morning. We left the office and started calling our families to let them know we would be having a baby the next day! We also had to call work and I had to go back by my office to tie up a few loose ends in preparation for being off the next 6 weeks. Then, I went and got a pedicure, picked up dinner and went home.
On Wednesday morning, my alarm went off at 3:00 am so that I could take a shower and we could head to the hospital to meet MacKenzie! We arrived at Huntsville Hospital Women's and Children's a little after 4:00 am and went to the 2nd floor, which is the Labor & Delivery floor. We went to Labor & Delivery room 16, I got settled in & hooked up to all the monitors and the Pitocin drip to induce labor. Mom and Laura (Aunt Sissy to MacKenzie) arrived sometime between 6:30 and 7. Dr. Fiore came in around 8 to break my water. That's when I started feeling the contractions and not long after that asked for the Epidural. The anesthelogist came in & put in my epidural and it did not take, so he had to come back 2 more times - first to add a boost to the drip and the 2nd time to move the line up in my back. After he moved it, things were much better. Most of the day is a blur of waiting for me until it was time to meet our little girl. Parker & Laura stayed in the room while she was born. At 3:05 pm on Wednesday, August 29th, MacKenzie Ann was born. She was 7lbs 14.5 oz and 19 inches. After she was cleaned up, she got to meet her Aunt Sissy, both sets of Grandparents and her Great-Grandparents. Then, we went upstairs to the 5th floor where Parker helped give her first bath and we got settled into our room. Danny & Helena Xenofos, who live across the street from my parents came to visit us that evening. We had a very long & busy day but were happy to finally meet our little girl.
MacKenzie Ann Beckmann
7lbs, 14.5 oz
19 inches
Meeting Dad
First picture as a family of three
Meeting Aunt Sissy
Aunt Sissy, MacKenzie and Me
Meeting MiMi (my Mom)
With MiMi and Grumps
With Parker's parents - Steve & Nancy, aka Pop & Nana
Getting her first bath
In the hospital nursery
No comments:
Post a Comment