Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Fun Story...

Last night, we were over at Mom & Dad's and I noticed she had a magazine open to a specific page, so I picked it up to see what it was.  It was the Dec. 24th edition of People magazine.  There was a picture of a little boy sitting on Santa's lap.  As I read the caption, I learned that the photo was of a 5 year old Kenny Chesney with Santa in 1973 in East Tennessee.  As a lot of you know, my family is from East TN, not far from where Kenny Chesney grew up.  Mom told me that she thought the Santa in the picture was Papaw Parten (her Grandfather, my Great Grandfather) because he was Santa in the early 70s in Halls, which is pretty much where Kenny Chesney is from. 
When I got up this morning, Mom had posted on Facebook that she had found old photos and had a photo of Papaw as Santa in 1973...and it was a match to the Kenny Chesney photo.  Here is the photo from People...
Papaw Parten & Kenny Chesney (from People magazine)
And of course, no blog would be complete without a couple of pictures of MacKenzie.
Baby Santa feet

No comments:

Post a Comment