Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Annual Girls Trip

For the past several years, Mom, Grandmother, Laura, Becky & I have taken a "Girls Trip" in the fall.   We have also been joined by Meghan and Carmen in past years.  We have gone to Disney World, Nashville, Chateau Elan in previous years.  This year, we decided to go to Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA and take MacKenzie on her first Girls Trip.
Friday morning, Mom, MacKenzie & I loaded up and headed down to Pine Mountain where we met Grandmother, Laura & Becky.  This was a special trip because it was the first time Becky & MacKenzie got to meet.

Meeting Becky

Hanging out with MiMi & Grandmother

Talking to Grandmother
 
Pretty Girl

Every year at Christmas, Callaway Gardens has the Fantasy In Lights in the gardens.  There are thousands of Christmas light displays, with music, set up all throughout the gardens.  We had tickets to see the lights both nights...unfortunately, MacKenzie was fussy both nights, so I stayed at the cabin with her Friday night and MiMi stayed with her on Saturday night.  There were SO many beautiful lights - I really enjoyed seeing them.  Here are just a few of the pictures I took...



Saturday, while I worked on my Midterm, the rest of the girls went through the Gardens.  Then Saturday afternoon, Becky & Grandmother got manis & pedis and Laura & I got pedis.  A big THANKS to MiMi for keeping my sweet girl so that I could get a pedicure! 
Pretty girl riding around the Gardens
Saturday night was another trip through the Fantasy In Lights.



Sunday morning, we had breakfast at the Country Store before doing a little shopping in the store and heading home. 

Aunt Sissy & MacKenzie at breakfast
 MacKenzie did great traveling - she slept most of the way down to Callaway on Friday and slept the entire way back on Sunday.  She has also started sleeping through the night on a more regular basis.  She slept through the night Thursday thru Monday nights this past week.  Last night was the first night she woke up during the night.  This Momma appreciates the nights she sleeps all night - getting a full nights sleep just a few times a week makes a big difference.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment