Wednesday, July 30, 2014

23 Months Old!

MacKenzie is 23 months old...in one month, I will have a 2 year old!  That just doesn't seem possible...it seems like it was just yesterday that she was turning 1.
MacKenzie still weighs 27.5 lbs and is 33 inches tall.  I'm still expecting a growth spurt but we'll see.  We took her to get some new shoes last week and she wears a size 7 now!  The size 7 shoes look so BIG to me.  She's mostly wearing 2T clothes, with a few 24 month things thrown in here and there.
Everyday, it seems like MacKenzie says new words and learns something new.  She is becoming a little parrot, repeating things we say, so we have to be careful what we say.  She has also become a little climber and can climb on all the couches and chairs without help.
It seems like she is always in motion...lately she has decided that she likes to dance and spends a lot of time dancing and twirling.  I've taught her a couple of tap moves, so she will "tap, tap, tap" and "shuffle-step" when she dances.  I am hoping to find a dance studio to get her started in a Creative Movement class in the fall.
MacKenzie has also started getting selective about what she wears.  She will tell me what she wants to put on or "no" if she doesn't like what I pick out.  She also wants to wear a bow or something in her hair almost every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment