I can not believe that MacKenzie is 9 months old! The past 9 months have completely flown by!
MacKenzie weighs about 20 lbs and I forgot to measure her this month. She is still wearing size 3 diapers and in clothes is wearing 9 month, 6 - 9 month and 6 - 12 month clothes. I love all her cute 9 and 12 month summer clothes. And she loves having her feet out where she can play with her toes.
She is now eating 3 meals a day, plus an afternoon snack. And she
still takes at least 4 bottles a day, if not more. She still likes to
eat and will eat almost anything we give her. I have also let her try
some table foods - in the past month, she has tried waffles, pancakes,
bread, biscuits and french fries, all of which she really liked. She
has also tried some fresh fruit - the only the she doesn't seem to like
is bananas (guess she takes after her Mom?) and some apple juice. Her favorite thing to eat is the fruit flavored cereal puffs. She will eat those as long as we give them to her.
She is full of personality and will definitely let you know when she likes (or doesn't like) something. She still LOVES the dogs and cat. She also loves being outside and taking a bath. Lately, MacKenzie has started crying when I get her out of the bath - she will stay in the tub and play as long as I will let her.
MacKenzie is getting very close to crawling, but hasn't gotten there yet. In the meantime, she has figured out that she can roll to get where she wants to go or if she is sitting up, she can scoot across the floor (as you can see in the photo montage above).
She still likes going to daycare and being with Ms. Pat and the other
kids. She also likes her time with MiMi and Grumps. However, she is
starting to experience some anxiety with strangers. It definitely takes
her a while to warm up to new people.
MacKenzie continues to be a good sleeper at night - she will sleep 10
to 12 hours most nights without waking up. Most mornings, she wakes up
in a good mood and is ok to lay in her bed and "talk" for a while before
I go get her up. She still takes a couple of naps during the day.
Usually, she will take a short morning nap around 9 and then a longer
nap after lunch. Sometimes, she will take a short afternoon nap, too.


No comments:
Post a Comment