Thursday, December 3, 2015

Disney Days 2 & 3

Friday morning, we headed to the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with an assortment of characters.









MacKenzie did NOT like the Mad Hatter and didn't want to have her picture made with him nor did she want me to.  We actually left before he made it to our table.
After breakfast, MiMi & MacKenzie went to the Magic Kingdom while I went to the Race Expo to pick up my packet and check out the exhibitors.  I also got my knee taped at the KT tape booth.
I met MiMi & MacKenzie back in the room and we got ready to head to Animal Kingdom.  MacKenzie was not too sure about my knee being taped up and thoroughly inspected it while waiting on the bus.

Once we arrived at Animal Kingdom, we headed straight to the safari...stopping for some pictures along the way, of course.







Then we took a short train ride to Rafiki's Conservation Station.  Because it was late in the day, there wasn't much going on but we did see Rafiki and Chip & Dale with no wait and MacKenzie got to brush some goats.









We headed over to Expedition Everest so MiMi & I could take turns riding.

Then we were off to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village for dinner at Saana.  While we waited, we went outside to look for animals on the savannah, but couldn't see anything even with the night vision goggles.  This was our first time dining at Saana and it was delicious.  We really enjoyed the bread service and probably could have made a meal just out of it.
MacKenzie enjoyed her Mickey cookie with black icing...


After dinner, we took a taxi back to the Beach Club and turned in for the night.

Saturday morning, we got up and walked to Yacht Club's Captain's Grill for breakfast.  I had some amazing chocolate waffles with cherries...carb loading for that night's Half Marathon, right???
We then took a boat over to Hollywood Studios to spend the morning.  It wasn't super crowded, so we got to enjoy several attractions including Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania and the Muppets in 3D.  We also got to meet Santa Goofy before lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.









After lunch, I headed back to the room to rest up for the Half Marathon that night.  MiMi & MacKenzie joined me a little later to rest.  While I spent the evening running (I'll write a whole post on the Wine & Dine Half Marathon), they spent the evening around the Beach Club / Boardwalk area with Cailyn, my 2nd cousin Jessica's daughter so that Jessica could also run.

No comments:

Post a Comment