Monday, June 30, 2014

22 Months Old!

Miss MacKenzie is 22 months old!  In 2 short months, I will have a 2 year old.  That is SO hard to believe!

MacKenzie weighs 27.5 lbs and is 32.5 to 33 inches tall...it is REALLY hard to measure a moving target!  She hasn't grown much in weight or height the last few months, so I'm expecting a growth spurt sometime soon.

She is a very sweet little girl.  MacKenzie likes to give people hugs and kisses and blow kisses to everyone.  She is also very good about sharing things.  MacKenzie loves her MiMi and Grumps...she also loves to Skype with Sissy.  After our week at the beach, she has gotten very good at identifying most of our extended family and calls them by name.

Everyday she says more and more and is starting to put sentences together.  She also repeats just about anything, so we are really having to watch what we say.  Today, when we were getting out of the car, she called me "MiMi"...I said "I'm not MiMi, I'm Mommy" and she started saying "Not MiMi, Not MiMi".  She knows most of the basic colors...and a few not so basic ones, like gold, thanks to her bath tub finger paints.  MacKenzie also does a good job counting and knows a lot of animal sounds.

MacKenzie is constantly on the go.  I don't think she is still for more than a few seconds at a time when she is awake.  Some days, it makes me tired just watching her.  She continues to be a really good eater and will try just about anything.  Of course, some days she doesn't like anything we feed her and some days she will eat anything I put in front of her.

Everyday is so much fun with her, watching her discover new things and develop more personality.  I can't wait to see what the next month has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment