Monday, March 3, 2014

18 Months Old!

18 Months Old...1 1/2...that sounds SO old.  And my baby is becoming more & more of a little girl every day.
I love watching her grow and change and learn new things every day....but it seems like she is growing up WAY too fast!  MacKenzie now weighs about 27 lbs and is still about 31-32 inches long.
MacKenzie is still a really sweet and good baby most of the time.  She hardly cries or fusses unless she is really tired or hungry...but she is getting to where she pitches fits a little more often when she doesn't get what she wants.
She likes to give her Mommy, MiMi and Grumps hugs and kisses.  She also likes to blow kisses and wave and say "hi" or "bye" to everyone.  MacKenzie likes to love on her stuffed animals, give kisses to the bath toys and she tries to love on the dog and cats.
Everyday, she talks more and says more new words.  Her newest things to say are "cracker", "tractor", "bye-bye baby"(rock-a-bye baby), "E-I-E-I-O" and she likes to make animal noises.  She knows the noises for cow, sheep, cat, dog, horse and snake.  MacKenzie also likes to say "shhh" if she thinks someone is asleep or laying down like they might be asleep.
She likes to point out eyes, nose and teeth...she will show you her teeth and almost poke you in the eye when she says "eye".

MacKenzie loves to "read" her books, listen to music, and watch Disney Junior...especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She also likes to have tea parties and play with balls and her Little People.
MacKenzie still is a good eater.  She LOVES bacon...I think she would eat bacon at every meal if I'd let her.  She also likes green beans, eggs, pancakes, waffles, meatballs, noodles and any kind of berry.  She is learning to eat with a fork and does pretty good, with a little help.  MacKenzie is also doing good at feeding herself.  She is starting to learn to drink from a straw.
We started swim lessons at the YMCA this week, so that she will be more comfortable in the pool this summer.  She still loves going to Ms. Pat's and playing with her friends there.  She also likes going to school 1 day a week and has fun with her friends at school.
One funny thing she does is when she coughs, she pats herself on the chest and usually then wants someone to pat her on the back...especially Grumps if he is near by.  She also likes to walk and "dance" around on her tip-toes.  I think I have a future ballerina on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment