My sweet girl is 8 months old today! I can't believe it!
MacKenzie weighs about 20 lbs and is about 27 inches long. She is wearing size 3 diapers. In clothes she wears 6 month, 6 - 9 month and 6 -12 month, but some of the 6 month clothes are getting too small. Fortunately, it is getting warmer, so she can start wearing a lot of her cute 9 month summer clothes.
She eats 3 meals a day of "solid" foods and takes about 4 bottles a day. She still LOVES to eat and will eat any of the baby food we give her. She has also had a couple of bites of avocado, mashed potatoes and corn bread, but not much table food.
She is sitting up by herself, rolling over and wants to stand up as much as possible (with assistance). I had to lower her bed over the weekend because she is starting to try to pull herself up. She can get up to her knees but not quite to her feet yet. MacKenzie does not seem interested in crawling at all.
Towards the end of last week, she started cutting her first tooth. I can't see it yet (of course she does not want to let me look in her mouth) but I can definitely feel it. Fortunately, it has not seemed to cause her too much pain yet and I hope that trend continues.
She continues to be a very happy baby and does not cry very often. She is getting such a personality and I love all the faces she makes.
She has also started clapping and loves to play patty-cake.
MacKenzie is a great sleeper - she sleeps about 11 hours at night and usually takes a good nap during the day that is an hour & a half or longer. She also takes a couple of "cat" naps during the day.
She is starting to babble a whole lot...she says a lot of "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma" but I'm not sure she really associates that with me yet. She LOVES her days with MiMi and likes to play with Grumps in the morning. She also loves Ms. Pat and likes going to daycare 3 days a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment